When completed, the Badagry Deep Seaport will be the second in the state after the one in Lekki, projected to be inaugurated in 2022
Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu earlier today at Topo Badagry for the Stakeholders Meeting on the Badagry Deep Seaport Project at the ASCON Auditorium Phase 3, Topo-Badagry, Lagos.
- The Deep Seaport is to be located in Gberefu area of Badagry, Lagos State
- It covers an area of 1,103 hectares out of which 623 is dedicated for port activities including an 18-meter draft and 4 Km quay
- The #BadagryDeepSeaPort project will be developed in Four (4) phases under a PPP arrangement that includes the supporting roles of both Lagos State Government & FG through the Federal Ministry of Transportation, the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA).
- The #BadagryDeepSeaPort would be a port with the deepest draft and widest berths in Sub Sahara Africa
- The Port will be berthing the largest vessels known in existence today such as the 400-meter-long Maersk Triple E class with a carrying capacity of 18, 000 TEUs
- An additional 480 hectares of land has also been earmarked for industrial & logistics park zone.
- The scope of the new port includes terminals for containerized and non-containerized cargo,
- Dredged access channel, tuning circle, port basin, anchorage area
- Shoreline protections, an offshore supply base, refined product import jetties, industrial and logistics zone and supporting transport infrastructure.
Governor Sanwo-Olu thanked the host Communities for being collaborators and joint beneficiaries of this laudable project which would positively impact lives, and businesses, create wealth and improve standards of living in the Badagry division.